Yield: 6-8 puff pastry tarts
•6-8 frozen vegan puff pastry sheets, thawed
•10-12 white asparagus spears, from jar
•3 medium potatoes, sliced thinly
For the sauce:
•1 cup plain soy yogurt
•1/4 cup nutritional yeast
•2-3 teaspoons sweet grainy mustard
•2 teaspoons sesame oil
•1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
•1/4 teaspoon onion powder
For the top:
•olive oil for drizzling on top
•small bunch of fresh thyme, leaves only
•salt for sprinkling on top
- First make the sauce.
- Place the soy yogurt in a small bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and season to taste with
additional flavorings as you wish. We added a small splash of
- Remove the puff pastry from the freezer and thaw.
- Preheat the oven to whatever the directions on the puff pastry
said. We used 425 F /218 C .
- Open the jar of asparagus and remove the spears, cut each spear
in 2 or 3 pieces depending on the size of the spear and the puff
- Lay the thawed pastry sheets individually on a cookie sheet
that has been prepared with baking parchment.
- Using a fork prick small holes in the center area of each
pastry sheet but leave a small rim around the edge unpricked (about
1/4 inch all around).
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the sauce in the center of each puff
- Spread the sauce evenly over the area, leaving the edge
- Lay 2-3 pieces of asparagus on the sauce of each pastry sheet.
- Using small mandolin or very good knife, slice the potatoes in
very thin slices.
- Lay the potato slices on top of each pastry.
- Sprinkle the top of the potato slices with a bit of salt,
drizzle a small amount of olive oil on top and then the thyme.
- Place in the preheated oven to bake for 18-20 minutes or until
lightly golden brown. .
Your question and comments are welcome