Great Green Bean Casserole
1 can French cut green beans, drained
1 1/2 canisters vegan French fried onions
1 1/2 cups plain unsweetened soymilk
1 cube vegetable bouillon
2-3 Tbs. cornstarch mixed with 2-3 Tbs. cold water
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
3/4 cup chopped mushrooms (button, crimini, or portabella)
1/2 Tbs. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. each of garlic, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, sage,
marjoram, thyme (to taste)
- Heat soymilk and veggie bouillon in a saucepan, stirring until
bouillon cube disintegrates (be sure not to boil or scald the
soymilk; just heat it).
- In a skillet, sauté onions, carrots, & mushrooms in oil; add
salt, pepper, herbs and spices.
- Thoroughly mix cornstarch and water together and pour into the
soymilk/bouillon; stir well, because this will coagulate pretty
- Add green beans, sautéed veggies, and about half of the French
fried onions; stir well.
- Pour that mixture into a casserole dish or pan and top with
remaining French fried onions.
- Bake in oven at 350° for 10-15 minutes, until the onions begin
- Remove from oven; serve warm.
Your question and comments are welcome