Sweet Potato Peanut Bisque
(Professional Vegetarian Cooking
by Chef Ken Bergeron)
Yields ten servings, perfect for a
large family gathering.
• Onions, medium dice 1 cup
• Carrots, medium dice 1 cup
• Celery, medium dice 1 cup
• Gingerroot, minced 2 Tablespoons
• Canola Oil 1 Tablespoon
• Sweet Potato, peeled, large cubes
• Vegetable Stock 7.5 cups
• Salt 1 tsp
• Cinnamon, ground ½ tsp
• Allspice, ground ½ tsp
• Soy Sauce 2 Tablespoons
• Peanut Butter 1/3 cup
• Maple syrup 1 Tablespoon
• Black Pepper Pinch
1. Sauté the onion, carrots, celery
and ginger in oil over medium heat for 10 minutes.
2. Add the sweet potatoes and sauté
for 5 minutes longer.
3. Add the stock, salt, cinnamon,
allspice and soy sauce.
4. Bring to a boil and simmer for
10 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
5. Remove the soup from the heat
and stir in peanut butter.
6. Cool the soup to room
temperature and then place in blender and puree until smooth.
7. Season to taste.
Your question and comments are welcome