Tofu Spinach Frittata
1 16-Ounce Package Silken Tofu
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Spicy Mustard
1 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
1/2 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
1/4 Teaspoon Tumeric
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 1/2 Cups Frozen Spinach
1/2 Medium Onion
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, grease an 8 inch cake pan and
- Get out your food processor and toss in your tofu, along with
all the spices. Puree so well that it makes you nervous. (I honestly
thought I had overdone it and made frittata mousse, but that’s
actually kind of what you’re aiming for.)
- In a small skillet, saute your onions until translucent and
deliciously fragrant. Throw in the garlic, and cook for another
minute or two. Remove from heat and combine with your [thawed, if
originally frozen] spinach.
- Add to tofu mixture, and make sure all the veggie bits are
evenly distributed in the tofu.
- Pour into the cake pan and slide into the oven for 25 – 30
minutes. Perhaps to would help to set it under the broiler for a bit
to brown the top further.
- Cut into fourths, it makes 4 relatively small portions. I might
suggest making a sizable side to go with it, or at least cooking up
more “Smart Bacon” than I did! .
Your question and comments are welcome