Spinach Potato Lasagna
(unsure of original source, sent by a friend)
Preparation time: 20-30 mins
3 layers of spinach lasagna sheets
2 tsp olive oil
5 potatoes- boiled and mashed
4 heaping tablespoons of Soy butter
Salt to taste
Vegan Parmesan cheese
4-5 mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
4 fresh tomato, chopped
chopped fresh garlic to taste
some basil and oregano to taste
2 cans of refried black beans
2 small cans of tomato paste
50ml- 150ml soy milk
1. Lightly oil a 23 cm x 12cm baking dish.
2. Boil and Mash Potatoes (you don't need to peel them). Add soy
butter, vegan parmesan and salt to taste.
3. Sauté mushrooms in oil and garlic for 2-3 mins, then add spring
onions and fresh tomato and continue cooking for 2-3 mins (at med-high
temp). Sprinkle with herbs/spices and remove from heat.
4. Mix tomato paste through refried beans to form evenly mixed paste.
5. Create Layers: Layer lasagna sheets and then top with a Refried
Bean Layer, then the Mixed Veggies layer and finally spread Mashed
Potato layer. Add more lasagna sheets and continue with Refried Bean
layer, the Mixed Veggie layer and then Mashed Potato layer two more
times ending with Mashed potato layer on top. Dot vegan soy butter and
shake vegan parmesan on top and then pour over enough soy milk to cover.
(The soy milk keeps it from drying out and makes it creamy.)
6. Bake in 350 degrees oven for about 20-30 minutes right before
Your question and comments are welcome