From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
Avocado with Raspberry Vinaigrette
This makes a great starter for four people, or serve with fresh crusty
bread as a light lunch for two.
300g tin of raspberries in juice (if your raspberries have come in syrup
rather than juice use 1 tsp sugar instead)
3 tsp sugar
1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Drain the raspberries, reserving 3 tbsp of the juice.
- Add the sugar to the raspberries and reserved juice and whizz in a
- Now push the mixture through a sieve to get rid of the pips.
- Put into a small saucepan, bring to the boil and boil for 1 minute.
Leave to cool.
- Just before serving, peel the avocado, remove the stone and
cut into slices.
- Mix the cider vinegar into the raspberry mixture and spoon onto
- Arrange slices of the avocado in a fan on the vinaigrette and serve.
Read more at