From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
Red bell peppers
1 loaf stale bread or packaged stuffing cubes
1 can vegetable broth
4 cloves garlic
1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 small sweet onion, chopped
1/2 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
1/4 cup oil from the sun dried tomatoes
Black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
- To make the stuffing, cut the stale bread in to cubes or use a
packaged bread stuffing mix.
- Pour 3/4 of the can of vegetable broth over the bread cubes and
blend with your fingers. Make sure the broth soaks into the bread.
- Add the garlic, fresh basil, parsley, and the sweet onion and mix
- Next, add the olives, the sun-dried tomatoes, and the oil from the
- Blend everything together and let the oil soak in to
the bread cubes.
- Season with black pepper.
- Stand the red peppers up on a cutting board and slice them in half,
lengthwise, from the core to the bottom.
- Remove the core, white rib on the
sides, and the seeds.
- Stuff each half of a red pepper with a handful of
stuffing and place into a baking dish.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the
tops of the stuffed peppers to keep them from drying out
- Bake at *350 for
30 minutes, until the flesh of the peppers gets soft and the skin crinkles.